Sunday, October 18, 2009

A New Class

I just finished my first Art Quilt class with Elaine Quehl.    Yesterday's session was on Colour and Composition.   We worked hard and learned a lot.   I find that I work mostly from instinct rather than planning according to any rules.    Since I usually use photographs as a starting point, I have already applied 'the rules' to some extent when I take the picture.  I do feel that my work could benefit from being more aware of the rules of composition during the actual process or at least going back and looking at the work critically from a colour and composition standpoint.  I am enjoying the course and looking forward to the next class in dyeing.   I'll post a photo of my first piece which was one where we created 'by the seat of our pants' without a pattern, something I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.