Thursday, November 19, 2015

Recent Workshop with Mary Pal, Glebe Craft and Artisan Fair and Baz'ART

This weekend I will be selling my textile art and jewelry at the Glebe Community Centre in Ottawa.   This is a great juried show with a variety of quality handmade items - jewelry, art work, wood turning, clothing, glass art, products made from recycled items, paper art - just to name a few.    I will post details of the show in my Exhibition section.

Next weekend - November 28 and 29 - I will be showing my work at the Shenkman Arts Centre in Orleans.     Besides a wonderful variety of hand made items and art works, there will be demonstrations, music and information about local arts organizations, with a variety of theatre performances throughout the weekend.   Their galleries will also be showing various artists' work.
Baz'ART



Here are a few hand embroideries I will be taking with me this weekend - I'll have lots of new jewelry too.   These pieces were stitched using floss as well as my favourite variegated threads from Colour Complements.


Fern

Lavender Fields

Poppy Fields - I cut individual petals for foreground/french knots in background


 I have to show you the results of a wonderful workshop I took part in recently - working with cheesecloth with Mary Pal.  Mary is a great teacher and shared her knowledge freely.   Her work is amazing!!
Mary Pal Designs


I used a photo of my cat to create this piece with painted background. The white part is done with the cheesecloth.



And here is my cat - not the photo that I used though
Hope to see some of you at my shows!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.