Monday, April 17, 2017

Winter Art and Exhibition Pieces

I have been busy this winter working on lots of embroideries and some new machine and hand stitched pieces (see also last post).
Wildflowers in the Bog - hand stitched embroidery framed to 8 x 10

Pathway to the Beach - tiny 2.5 x 3.5 embroidery

A Riot of Blooms - hand embroidery

Into the Blue - hand embroidery mounted on silk covered gallery canvas 8 x 8"



Gently Down the Stream, - hand embroidery in shadowbox





Since going on Instagram I have noticed the many wonderful modern  hoop embroideries happening around the world.  Many are works of beauty and often protest!!   It doesn't seem to have hit my city yet.    But what fun to embroider and display in the hoop!    So here are a few I have made this winter.  I hope to post some of these on Etsy shortly.




    



 
    































Autumn - 16" x 20" -  exhibited at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum in Almonte this winter
 This piece is composed of machine stitched strips of fabric, mounted and framed.
Living Colour - 24" x 30" - exhbited at the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum for this winter's show 'Colour Unboxed".
Each block of this piece was needle felted then hand embroidered and mounted on black felt on a stretched canvas.


I have also been working on embroidered floral and landscape necklaces and some  'protest' pendants called 'signs from the women's march'.     And of course lots of fabric under glass pendants.....More to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.