Monday, November 16, 2009

Glebe Artisan and Craft Fair

I spent this past weekend at the Glebe Fair in Ottawa.   It was a lovely show with lots of talented craftspeople.    I was happy to see there was much interest in my work.    During the 3 days I got to talk to other quilters and got several good ideas for future shows.   I entered the show at the last minute so the last two weeks were busy planning my display.


The best part of it all was the way my friends supported me.    I have to thank all of you for pitching in - lending me display items, picking them up and delivering them to me,  making my table covers (don't they look great), helping me to set up and take down, providing me with food and drink, taking over so I could have a lunch break, giving constructive criticism and moral support, and even purchasing my work.

I've posted a couple of photos of my booth in the beautiful Glebe Community Centre (where I used to display my work for many years as a member of the Ottawa Guild of Potters).

This week I need to work on preparing for the Art Quilt class I am taking.  Our next session is Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.