Monday, February 13, 2012

Sketching - Close Up

I sure love the sketchbook challenge themes.  I have been doing much more sketching and I find it such a break from sewing (which is a break from housework, shopping, shovelling snow, exercising, cooking.....).  But I have been doing so much hand sewing - finishing things up in preparation for my summer show,  our latest challenge, and for a fibre arts group exhibition in the  spring that I decided I need to take regular breaks and get 'close up' - to the center of an iris, a begonia, a swallowtail butterfly and lichens on a log.

And here are more close ups - with a camera.  Some of these have yet to be sketched.  But do you recognize the iris?







And a close up of some of my close ups.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.