Sunday, March 17, 2013

Making Progress with Ribbons and Bags

Just a quick post to show off my new packing materials and ribbon minis.    I quickly gave up on the bubble wrap, got out some fabric and batting and made these bags to pack my framed pieces for the spring show.   Ta da!  






 Next time I will add an inner layer of fabric so I don't have to worry about the batting shedding but they are designed to carry framed work and these pieces are all under glass so I wasn't being too fancy.  Put into a plastic bag first or wrapped in bubble wrap they will be fine.

Now I have one large framed piece to wrap.  I'm not sure I have fabric that's big enough so might have to piece it together.    The work is a little heavy and I'm not supposed to be hefting heavy objects yet so it will be a challenge.  I may have to resort to a duct tape and bubble wrap bag. 

In the evening I have been amusing myself with my new ribbons.   Here are two more little minis that I made - learning as I go.   I learned a new stitch for the petals.  You come up from the back, hold the ribbon down with your finger to keep it flat,  then pierce the ribbon as you go back through the fabric and you get a nice daisy petal with a little twist at the end.   I found it in Judith Baker Montano's Embroidery and Crazy Quilt Stitch Tool.  It's a variation of the Ribbon Stitch Pansy and Raised Ribbon Stitch.  Next I plan to try making tulips and I noticed an interesting iris stitch.   This is fun.


I apologize for the quality of the photo but you can get the idea.

We are still in the throes of winter and more snow expected this week so I had to rely on a potted plant to bring a little spring to my house.    Winter outside - spring inside.     At least there's more daylight now.



Company's coming and I still have some quilts to press and wrap to be delivered tomorrow.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.