Wednesday, June 11, 2014

If you don't like your artwork - turn it on its side or even upside down!

I am almost finished setting up a work space.  I moved my machine in this week but still have things scattered around waiting to be sorted.  It is certainly a full space (note to me - don't buy anything more - except an ergonomic chair) but I think it will work.  Here are some photos of the boxes of fabric lined up on my lightweight shelves, all nicely labelled, and another of the whole room.  I created file boxes for shows/exhibitions/past/present/future - promotion - tax info - organizations - suppliers - and a box labelled 'interesting venues to follow up with!
 




Today I am having a new furnace and water heater installed and finally I have succumbed and am getting central AC.   It means that this warm little room will still be accessible in the heat of the summer.

So I am still not doing a lot of stitching but I managed to finish this little piece of hand embroidery on a hand painted background.  I wasn't sure about the orientation.  Originally the heavy flower was in  the top left corner but I think I like it the other way round (second photo).




  I am also working on stitching my felted piece which started out as a sunset sky but when I turned it sideways I saw shadowy shapes of women.  So here is my new piece.  Still a work in progress and trying to have some fun with it.



I'm linking this post to the Needle and Thread Network   See what some Canadian Fibre Artists are doing this week.
I'm also linked up to Off the Wall Fridays   More beautiful work to see!

2 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on reading. I like the second photo with the flower in the lower right. Beautiful by the way.
    I love that you turned your felted landscape into women. It's like watching for shapes in the clouds!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.