Thursday, February 26, 2015

How Time Flies

As you can see from my last post, we have been busy with preparations for Fibre Fling 4.   Now I need to get down to work and prepare some pieces for the sales table at the show.

I haven't done much lately but I did finish my colour challenge - magenta - piece.  It is machine stitched and covered with a layer of fine tulle.  Then mounted on a stretched canvas.   The truth is I got my inspiration for this piece from a shot I took of a sunrise from our rental cottage in Cape Breton.   Then I turned it into a sunset!

This piece will be part of an exhibition which will travel to venues in Ottawa and hopefully end up at the Almonte Textile Museum in  2016 as part of an Out of the Box group exhibit.

Red Sky at Night: Sailor's Delight


I also managed to finish 5 new journal covers.   It seems I am into sunsets right now.   This idea came from a customer who was looking for a journal and was interested in an image of a previous sunset piece -Red Sails in the Sunset - which was sold last fall.   I have finished two so far.



For this journal I used fabric that I stamped with my own Tree of Life stamp made in a workshop with Connie ten Bruggenkate.  I stitched a gold tree and on the back I added a stamped butterfly which I also stitched.














 Another stamped piece from the workshop was used for this journal cover, this time stamped with an orange and kumquats in metallic paints.

These are front and back views.




This last hand embroidered journal is similar to the one I made for my friend's birthday.  I just had enough material to make this cover.
















I also finished a small stitched challenge piece and some stitched jewelry which I will save for another post.   Now I need to get to work on more jewelry and post cards if I want to have enough for the upcoming show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.