Tuesday, May 18, 2010

African Fabric and Doodling with Inks


I recently attended the Common Threads quilt show in Ottawa and saw some lovely quilts.   I also purchased this great Ghanian and Tanzanian fabric from KallistiQuilts.  Years ago, I began a piece featuring three 'traditionally-built' African women dancing joyfully.   But I never finished it because it had several structural problems - due to bad planning.   At the time I used solids for their clothing.  I'd like to start over using this fabric and see where it takes me.

Secondly, I started doodling with Tsukeniko Inks when I was at my friend's place for a quilting day.  It became a garden which I finished at home.  I have some ideas for using this fabric in a piece which I am keeping under wraps for now.   A clue - the original shape of my garden looked like a volkswagen beetle and my friend called it 'flower power'.   We'll see if anything comes of this.
And last but not least, here is a photo of a little fellow who slept all day in my Elm tree last week.   Probably waiting for dark to raid trash cans.  I'm afraid that since we've started the green bin program there are slim pickings for this masked marauders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.