Thursday, May 6, 2010

Grid Composition - Take Two

This time I started with a photo of trees in my favourite forest - the Greenbelt.  Around it I stitched rectangles of fabric representing grass, trees and brush, and a pathway.    I painted several larger trees on lutrador with Tsukeniko inks, caran d'ache crayons and fabrico markers, cut them out and fused them on.  I used shiva paintstiks for the sunlight.   Then I mounted this inside the back of a stretched canvas and glued fabric over the edges.   Four fabric squares in the corners completed the piece.  I've never done anything like this before and it was a fun project.    The grid shows up in the background and the central photo but I wouldn't call it a true grid composition.   It was fun to do - not a lot of stitching involved.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing...This one is a winner for sure! I love it...makes my blended photo project pale. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.