Monday, May 2, 2011

Prairie Sky Completed

My Prairie Sky piece is complete.  I posted a photo of this one as a work in progress a few weeks ago.  The sky is painted satin and I finished it pillowcase style without a binding - a first for me.  I am very happy with it.   Very appropriately, we are having a celebration of the Prairies in Ottawa right now with music, dance, theatre and art.    I have attended two events so far - a classical style choir called Camerata Nova, and an evening of prairie fiddlers.   Both were spectacular.   This week it is an evening of Women and Blues and Songs of a Prairie Girl which is a play about Joni Mitchell's life and music.

Also this weekend - May 6-8 - is the OVQG Show at the RA Centre in Ottawa.   Our Fiber Arts Group, Out of the Box, will have a booth at the show where we will be exhibiting the work of our members.  I submitted my 'Prairie Sky' piece and 'A Tree is Life'  for the exhibition.   Depending on available space, one or both will be exhibited.   I will be volunteering at the show on Saturday.    This means I get to see all the lovely quilts AND shop at the vendors' booths.    Fabric is like candy to a quilter so I need to be careful.   I am working on a new piece - a mermaid - and will be looking for some backing fabric......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.