Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Quilting Weekend


The cardinals are visiting my backyard regularly (as are the red winged blackbirds, robins, woodpeckers and grackles) and I purchased these lovely tulips to help me to feel more like spring. Then I packed up all my pieces for next weekend's fibre art show and tea (see last post) and delivered them to our Out of the Box meeting on Monday.   Now I am looking forward to a weekend away.  I have been invited to a weekend retreat in the country with 10 other quilters (who have been doing this once or twice every year.).  The idea is to sew, eat, drink, walk or just relax.  Things have been stressful in my life lately with preparing for my summer show, working with my son to design business cards, postcards, and greeting cards, finishing my income tax, dealing with tree issues and neighbours (my trees are taking over the back yard), and worrying about my son keeping his government job with all the federal government cuts.  I am also doing some serious thinking about my future (anybody got any ideas about how to go through 40 years of accumulated stuff?).   So I am looking forward to this weekend.  I plan to bring fused fabric to work on more bookmarks and fabric art cards.   I will also bring my camera and may have some interesting photos to post - with permission of course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.