Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Pickle Dish - a New Quilt Shop in Carleton Place

We are always excited to see new places to find fabric in the Ottawa area and yesterday I visited The Pickle Dish, a new quilt shop and studio on Bridge Street in Carleton Place.    Owner Jan Kittle has lots of yummy fabric and threads, long arm machine, and offers classes in a warm cheerful shop.   The walls are decorated with lovely fabric art.    My fabric bookmarks and new fabric landscape pins are also available at her shop.  For more information go to   www.thepickledish.ca

And of course I had to purchase fabric.....

The colourful one is for another 60s piece I am working on - all about the passage of time....

I'm also happy to say that another Goddess doll has found herself a new home.  This time it's 'doll with shocking pink hair and extensions' that has moved on, hopefully to spread comfort and joy.



2 comments:

  1. I think the next time we come to visit family I will have to do a little "shopping".

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting work....thanks for following...and I now follow you. If you come back this way; please visit. I am 2 miles south of the Rocks Park. Big quilt sign in my driveway...can't miss me. Plus you can see my website...big red button on the blog page.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.