Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lynne's Little Piece of Paradise - Completed at Last!

Ta Da!!  All year I have been working on a piece commissioned by a friend.   She owns a condo in Mexico and wanted me to create a piece showing the view from her balcony there.    She will hang it in her home to remind her of her piece of paradise.   We decided we would create a piece using brilliant folk art colours and set the scene about 200 years ago, the way things would have looked back then.   I took out the high rises in the distance and added fishermen, a sailing ship and even some whales.   I chose colours for the frame to match a Mexican bowl and table runner that she has in her home (blue/turquoise/lavender).  She hadn't seen it as I worked on it but I sent photos from time to time.   Since I will be bringing it to her this afternoon I took a new photo to share on my blog.   The quilt is called "Lynne's Little Piece of Paradise".    I also made up a couple of art cards with the image so she can share it with friends if she wishes.   From time to time, my musical friends and I get together to play music and eat so Lynne has planned a musical BBQ evening at her house tonight where we can sing/eat/drink/and hang her new art quilt.  I hope she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she will love it , the colors are so pretty and lots of detail of the scene , lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.