Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Framed Fibre Art - Fog on Micheleen's Path

Fog on Micheleen's Path
This is my month for finishing pieces and here is another.  I worked on this one for over six months, using paint,  applique, embroidery, dyed cheesecloth (trees and foreground), beads, stones, pearlized paint, layers of tulle and strips of tulle for the fog.   I stapled it onto a stretched canvas and mounted it in a floating frame.  I still feel like it is missing something but I am so used to making brightly coloured art that doing a piece like this which by definition needed to be shrouded in fog, is very difficult.  I tried to put stronger colours in the foreground fading to fog in the distance.    This was a path we took on the East Coast Trail in Newfoundland on a foggy day and this piece has heavier fog than the original photo.  I may need to put more colour into the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.