Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lighthouses

I have always had a fascination with lighthouses and have photographed many of them over the years.  Some of them have found their way into my fabric art.   Here are a few examples.


This one was of beach huts on the beach at Suffolk.  I posted this one previously as part of a tryptych.


This is a larger piece showing the lighthouse at Rocky Harbour Newfoundland.  My friend Joyce grew up living by this lovely lighthouse.


This last one is of the famous lighthouse at Peggy's Cove Nova Scotia.   I did this one several years ago.

My next post will include some recent  photos of lighthouses which are waiting to be transformed into fabric.  I may include an acrylic I did of a lighthouse in Prince Edward Island.   We'll see.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.