Monday, May 7, 2012

Fibre Fling and Tea

We had a good turnout at our Fibre Fling and Tea at the end of April.   Twenty-four artists from out fibre arts group Out of the Box displayed more than a hundred great pieces.  Friends and I attended the lovely dessert tea on the Friday evening and everyone was blown away by the work.   Saturday was a very delicious high tea which was also well attended.    I helped with the set up and take down and got to see the work close up.   What a talented group!   It was also fun to get to know some of my fellow members better.   I took some photos of the work but some members are understandably reluctant to have their work displayed online so I won't be showing them here.   I had eight pieces in the show and one of my pieces was purchased.  It was my Tribute to the Unknown Sailor piece which I had just completed in March.  I struggled with this one, especially the hand painted sky, but did not abandon it since I loved the stitching on the rest of the piece.  I finally resolved the sky colours and I am glad that it has made someone else happy.

Now I am focusing on finishing the last piece for my June exhibition - furiously hand stitching flowers.  Hope to post parts of it soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.