Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Final Wallhanging for June Exhibition

I am working long hours these days and have finished stitching my final piece for the exhibition (see under exhibitions page).    But I still need to decide whether to wrap it over a stretched canvas, frame it or bind it.  It has so much applique and  hand stitching that I don't want to quilt it but when I wrapped it over the canvas I felt it needed something to rein it in - like a frame or binding.  I am having difficulty finding a float frame large enough.  I had thought of doing it as a diptych but didn't think it would work.   Anyway here are some closeup photos of the hand stitching on this piece, which is a collage of florals called Down the Garden Path: Friendship is a Garden.   I used some fabulous floral fabrics with dyed cheesecloth for the pathway and sun prints for the background (see March 2012 post for Sunprints) then I wrote all sorts of comments on it with permanent pens.





And we're having a heat wave........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.