Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Kuan Yin Wallhanging

I am still working on my Kuan Yin quilt and have finally reached the point where I need to start fusing my pieces to the background.  She is still missing hands, her willow branch and blue bottle of the essence of life..... also her creatures which I will add at the end.   But here is the pinned version thus far.   I painted her face with artist pencils which I will heat set with a hot iron.   The moon is painted with pearly liquid acrylic.  I sure hope this works.  I find she has a Disneylike quality which I'll sure comes from too much Snow White and Cinderella in my innocent youth.   I may redo her face until I get what I am looking for.  I really liked the swirly background fabric which goes well with her fiery wavy gown.  There is more fabric on the top and sides but it is not showing because I have it pinned to a smaller foam board.

I hope to make some progress on it this week AND finish my underwater challenge.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a wonderful job. Question on the pearly moon. Did you use fabric paint or just plain acrylic. Will it need to be set (like the pencil) or will it just remain pearly as long as your wall hanging isn't washed. Thanks a bunch, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.