Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Another Look at "On the Rocks: Sometimes You Just Need to Get Away"

I have written about this piece before when it was brand new.   The reason I'm  posting about it again is because I have entered it in this week's Quilting Gallery Show and Tell.   The theme is applique and this piece is all about applique -  the mermaid, her hair, penguin, octopus, rocks, waves, boat, book, sunglasses weeds. starfish - all are appliqued by hand to a hand painted background then hand quilted.  The piece is 24.5" x 19.5".  I guess I was thinking back to my busy years spent raising children and dreaming of the perfect getaway.   I was also influenced by a song called Wanderlust written by Connie Kaldor.    Every once in a while we all need to get away from it all.

Every week there is a different theme.  If you want to enter a piece or find out more information  go to Quilting Gallery - Quilters' Show and Tell    On Friday you can visit to view the entries and vote for your favourites.   And there are prizes!

I'm linked up to the  Needle and Thread Network - WIP Wednesdays   Check out what other Canadian fibre artists are up to this week.

3 comments:

  1. I remember when you posted about this piece before and I loved it then and I still do...it is such fun and I wish I was her:)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy hearing your comments.